Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back to Japan!

Wow. Yesterday was a long day of travel. We were scheduled for a 12 hour flight from LAX to Narita, but then our plane had maintenace issues. We waited on board for 2 hours and 15 minutes before the plane even left the floor! So, our 12 hour flight was now a 14 hour and 15 minute flight. We then ran straight through immigration, baggage claim and customs and found our good friend Tanisaki waiting with a smile. Dragon Gate wrestlers are just too polite. After another 90 minutes of driving from Narita to Tokyo we finally arrived at the New Star Hotel.

Of course before any of this travel began, we had to say goodbye to our loved ones. Saying goodbye is easily the worse thing in the world, or at least in the top three. I thought that this particular time would be the easiest because I've done this rodeo a couple of times before. However, this time was easily the toughest - especially with my wife Dana.. Maybe because Dana and I haven't been apart for more than 4 days since we got married in November? We wake up together, drink coffee together, commute together, work together, live together and sleep together. We truly are living the great life. =) These next several weeks are going to be rough, but I know we will get through them. These Dragon Gate tours are mine and Nicks bread and butter and the reason we've gotten so much notoriety this past year.

Our first match is tonight at the legendary Korakuen Hall against Doi and McKz - two guys that we've wrested many times in the past. It should be a very fun, athletic match to say the least. After tonights show, we've got four straight shows in three different cities. Feel free to check out which cities we'll be hitting on our MySpace page schedule.

Anyhow, I'm going to try to update this regularly so you can follow us on our tour. I think this can be fun and interesting! Hit me up with questions, comments, etc and I'll try to answer them on here.

Be safe, and God bless!

Matt

1 comment:

  1. I love you babe! I'm glad you're starting this blog =] <3

    ReplyDelete