Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Akebono, magz, danas voice

We've done a few more shows since I last blogged. Last night was fun, as we got to meet the famous Japanese Sumo wrestler Akebono who is truly one of the few real life giants that still walks the earth. He's huge by all means, but especially in Japan where the average citizen is no more than 5'5. He was a very pleasant guy who has star appeal written all over him. We watched in amazement along with 1,500 other fans as he dropped elbows, and effortlessly press slammed members of World-1. The fans LOVED him.

We picked up this weeks wrestling magazine and were happy to see a couple of photos of us delivering offensive manuevers to members of the Dragon Gate roster. We did the ultimate "mark-out" moment as we showed the clerk who was running the cash register at the Lawson station the page in which we were featured. The clerk looked down at the magazine that we were about to purchase along with some very unhealthy goodies and said, "Oooh!" And then stuck his hand out, so he could shake both of ours. We had a laugh and realized how much more fun people are in Japan. If we did this back at home the dude working the register would of told me to get lost. People are so friendly and easily amused out here, as oppossed to us Americans who have seen and done everything. We're so spoiled!

We got to talk to the parents and Malachi today. Nick had his usual argument with every member of the family, and I got to catch up with everyone. They'll all be enjoying Disneyland tomorrow and to say that I am envious would be an understatement. After talking to my wife following the prior conversation with them, I realized that I am EXTREMELY ready to get home. I miss her so much, its unbelievable. The other night I left my computer on with the Skype program running in case she needed to get ahold of me while I slept. Early in the morning I was woken up to the sound of my gorgeous wifes voice, "Matt, Matt, Matt, baby, wake up!" I was in such a deep sleep and was startled to say the least. I quickly rolled over to my right side in anticipation to see my wife who was probably waking me up for work or from a nap. I was dissapointed to see my laptop, and quickly realized she was calling me from Skype. It was still great to hear her voice, but for a second I thought I was back at home in sunny California! As of now, I only have 4 shows left and six full days in the land of the rising sun.

This ones going to be short and sweet as I got to sleep last night/early this morning at 5:00 am and need to get ready for another show. Our ride will be here in 20 minutes.

Also, expect big things considering the Young Bucks in the coming days. You'll know what I mean when the news hits.

God bless!
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment